NTCM/NBCM's CORE VALUES:
- Accountability: We are committed to being biblically accountable to God and to each other, while willingly submitting ourselves and our ministries to those whom God has placed in authority to keep watch over our spiritual well-being (James 4:7; Heb 13:17).
- Authentic Christian Living: Realizing that we are earthen vessels, we are committed to glorifying God by developing Christian character and a Christ-like attitude in all that we do. Enabled by the Holy Spirit, we are dedicated to live above reproach and work in a manner that avoids even the appearance of evil (Gal 2:20; 5:16-24; 1 Thes 5:22; 1 Tim 3:1-7).
- Biblical Authority: We believe the Bible is without error and is God's authoritative Word for faith and practice. We are committed to bringing every aspect of our mission as well as our personal lives into conformity to the Word of God, insuring that we remain biblically based and theologically sound (2 Tim 3:16-17; 2 Pet 1:20-21).
- Evangelism and Discipleship: We are committed to making Christi's Great Commission our priority by helping to evangelize the lost through all available means. It is our purpose to build up the body of Christ by establishing biblically-based, indigenous churches, and by being living examples and making disciples through effective training (Matt 28:19-20; Luke 24:46-48).
- Holistic Ministry: We are committed to holistic ministry, just as Christ ministered to the physical, mental, social and spiritual needs of people. Development efforts meeting these needs are valid and necessary expressions of Christ's love to mankind (Eph 2:10; James 1:27).
- Individuals And Families: We recognize the eternal value of every individual, as well as the divine institution of the family. We commit ourselves to loving and caring for each other with dignity, sensitivity and humility within our Mission and among the nationals with whom we serve (Rom 5:8; 1 Cor 13).
- Pioneer Spirit: We value an innovative, "can-do" mindset characterized by creative methods, openness to risk, an aggressive expansion into new fields and areas of ministry, practice attitudes, adaptability and the appropriate use of technology (1 Cor 9:22-23; 2 Cor 10:15-16).
- Prayer: We believe that we are utterly dependent upon God, and therefore are committed to bathing all matters great and small in prayer, realizing that prayer moves God while changing the hearts of men (Phil 4:6-7; Col 4:2; 1 Thes 5:17).
- The Church: We believe that Jesus is the head of the Church, the bride of Christ. The Church is the primary avenue through which the Lord works. We are to honor, nurture and build up the Church in order that she may more effectively carry out the will of the Father (Eph 3:10-11; 4:11-16; Rev 21:9).
- Unity In Diversity: We are committed to unity and respect for the diversity of our gifts and callings, remembering that we are part of the body of Christ, laboring together for the honor and glory of the Lord. "In matters of opinions, liberty; in matters of father, unity; and in all things love" (John 17:23; Rom 12:4-6; 1 Cor 12:12; 1 Pet 4:10).
*These values were jointly articulated by all active NTCM/NBCM members in 2001 - 2001. We recognize that some portions are still aspirational in nature; however, they reflect the highest values that we hold dear.